Gordon Brown Faces Questions About 'Stash' Of Labour Money.

Go down

Gordon Brown Faces Questions About 'Stash' Of Labour Money.

Post by 1916 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:14 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/7011346/Gordon-Brown-faces-questions-about-stash-of-Labour-money.html

Peter Watt, the former Labour Party general-secretary, revealed that when he was Chancellor, Mr Brown had access to a fund within the party’s coffers, which he used

In a book, Mr Watt said that the fund was worth up to £50,000 and was recorded only in a handwritten notebook.

He said he and other party officials were never told what Mr Brown did with the polling research he commissioned with the fund.

“I never asked for more detail, so I don’t know if that polling was to inform Budget decisions, or his long campaign to become party leader,” he said.

“Technically, there was nothing improper about it, but it always seemed strange that he should have his own stash of cash.”

Greg Hands, a Conservative shadow Treasury minister, on Sunday wrote to Mr Brown asking him why he did not declare the fund in the Register of Members’ Interests, which records the financial affairs of MPs.

Mr Hands wrote: “In light of Mr Watt’s serious allegations, I would like to know on what basis you judged it unnecessary to declare the fund.”

Mr Hands pointed out that that in previous years, Mr Brown had made declarations on the Register of donations and contributions to his leadership campaign.

He wrote: “As a matter of public interest, I believe it is important that you clarify these issues urgently as I believe there may be grounds for investigation by the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards.

However, Mr Watt said Mr Brown had not broken any Commons rules on declaring personal donations, because technically the money was being used for the Labour Party.
The General
The General

http://failuretocommunicate.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Gordon Brown Faces Questions About 'Stash' Of Labour Money.

Post by Guerrilla Radio on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:33 pm

£50,000 that we don't even know what happened to. Shameful, really. I wonder why Mr. Brown hasn't felt the need to explain why? And I laugh in the face of that tory - the notion that he wouldn't do the same is laughable.
Guerrilla Radio
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by 1916 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:44 pm

"Labour" also blew vast amounts of the tax money recieved from the general public in preparation for an election that didn't get called.
The General
The General

http://failuretocommunicate.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guerrilla Radio on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:09 pm

Well I suppose that must be why they're near bankruptcy now then. Idiots they are. Serves them right, the bloody neo-tories.
Guerrilla Radio
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down