Failure To Communicate!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taliban videos on the news

3 posters

Go down

Taliban videos on the news Empty Taliban videos on the news

Post by la belle et la bête Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:39 am

Isn't it a bit irresponsible of the news companies to show all of the videos of bombings, beheadings, etc. that the terrorists supply them with?

They obviously make the videos for a reason, so it seems the television and internet news companies are just helping them carry through with their plans.
la belle et la bête
la belle et la bête

Back to top Go down

Taliban videos on the news Empty Re: Taliban videos on the news

Post by SunnyD Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:02 pm

If they don't, the Taliban could easily up their activities in order to capture media attention. So in a way, the media is probably preventing further acts of terrorism

SunnyD

Back to top Go down

Post by 1916 Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:09 pm

It would be a disaster if the media censored the Taliban media "showings", when Sinn Féin/P.I.R.A were in combat they recieved much more support from news programmes which altered and changed their voices when the organisation took part in interviews among other things. It only strengthened the campaign of Sinn Féin/P.I.R.A and it would have the same effect on the Taliban reign of terror.
The General
The General

https://failuretocommunicate.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SunnyD Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:58 pm

I'm a bit confused, you say it would be a disaster if the Taliban was censored by the media, but you go on to say the Taliban would gather strength from media support?

SunnyD

Back to top Go down

Post by 1916 Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:59 am

SunnyD wrote:I'm a bit confused, you say it would be a disaster if the Taliban was censored by the media, but you go on to say the Taliban would gather strength from media support?

I didn't state that, I said that if the Taliban were censored by the media, it would only strengthen their campaign, as in the case of Sinn Féin/P.I.R.A. The "BBC" as well as other media outlets changed and altered the voices of Sinn Féin/P.I.R.A representitives when they gave interviews or made amatuer videos, this was a form of censorship, and in doing this they unknowingly increased support for the organisation. If this same censorship had have been repeated for the Taliban, then it would have the same effect by increasing their support.
The General
The General

https://failuretocommunicate.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum