Failure To Communicate!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Massachusetts Senate Race

5 posters

Go down

Massachusetts Senate Race Empty Massachusetts Senate Race

Post by la belle et la bête Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:03 pm

I'm quite surprised no one has made any posts regarding this as of yet. I don't have anything exciting to copy and paste, though there's plenty of news out there, but, go Scott Brown! Cool
la belle et la bête
la belle et la bête

Back to top Go down

Massachusetts Senate Race Empty Re: Massachusetts Senate Race

Post by la belle et la bête Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:28 pm

And Scott Brown wins! This is a pretty, well not pretty, this is a very important win in American politics.
la belle et la bête
la belle et la bête

Back to top Go down

Post by ronws Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:25 am

Dang it, you beat me to it. This is the post I had prepared.

http://cnsnews.com/home

Brown wins Mass. Welcome to the 2nd American Revolution.

This breaks the democrats' super majority. They still have a large significant majority in the House of Reps (which will change in the fall) but they no longer have 60 percent of the Senate. Brown got elected specifically because he said he was against the current healthcare bills. Which is not to say that we don't care about people. But we do have other solutions and options for healthcare coverage within our society and economy.
ronws
ronws

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Jack Daniels Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:01 pm

When Pelosi says that they don't have enough votes, you know it's dead. Cool

Dr. Jack Daniels

Back to top Go down

Post by 1916 Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:15 pm

It would seem that the novelty of having Barack Obama as leader is wearing off surprisingly quick. I think that the American citizens have realised Barack wasn't the best candidate in the leadership race, and that they elected him because of an alternate reason, not his political agenda. Barack to me is more a figure of revolution and not political excellence.
The General
The General

https://failuretocommunicate.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MeNeLaOs Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:28 pm

ronws wrote:Dang it, you beat me to it. This is the post I had prepared.

http://cnsnews.com/home

Brown wins Mass. Welcome to the 2nd American Revolution.

This breaks the democrats' super majority. They still have a large significant majority in the House of Reps (which will change in the fall) but they no longer have 60 percent of the Senate. Brown got elected specifically because he said he was against the current healthcare bills. Which is not to say that we don't care about people. But we do have other solutions and options for healthcare coverage within our society and economy.

Could you explain to me in a brief way which is the opinion of the Republicans as far as the healthcare bill is concerned? I mean, which is the other option or which are the disadvantages of the healthcare bill that has been proposed? This is not an off-topic discussion at all, considering that it's the exact reason that the Democratics lost in Massachusetts.

MeNeLaOs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum